Friday, July 8, 2011

Favorite Moments of the Summer

Summer is half over for me, and it has flown.  I feel gratitude for so many things.

1.  The power of love
Alicia radiated joy and happiness on her wedding day.
 
Alicia and Erik are crazy about each other and are so excited to begin their life together.

 I was reminded why I fell in love with this handsome man 27 years ago.

2.  The joy of family
Nathan, Briana and Emmaline spent a week and a half at our house.  We treasured that time together.

My heart was filled to bursting when our whole family was together on Father's Day.

   We have three wonderful children,

two amazing daughters-in-law 
 and a brand new son-in-law!
And. . . three of the most brilliant grandchildren ever born!
These are some of my favorite memories during our time together. Maris and Emmaline met, and Emmaline couldn't stop giggling. 
 
 
Our girl's night out on Antelope Island.  Alicia looked so beautiful.  She's ready to fly into her new life.
 
Briana worked her head off making cakes and cupcakes for Alicia's bridal shower.  It was so fun to work with her.  She graciously taught how to do a little cake decorating.

 My sister, Julie, helped us all day to prepare for the shower.  She worked all day at the wedding as well as my personal wedding assistant.  Sisters and sisters-in-law helped with the reception.  I don't know what I'd have done without them.
It was fun to watch Alicia after she got her nails done.  She couldn't keep her eyes off her well-manicured hands.  The manicures and pedicures were bonding moments.
 
I loved how Maris took her flower girl responsibilities so seriously.  She carefully placed each and every rose petal on the path.

 Erik and Alicia opening their many fun wedding gifts.
  
Emmaline was carefully observing this, when suddenly a light went on. 
  Emmaline figured out crawling!  We had been practicing all week.  I took great pride in being her "crawling tutor."  Right hand forward, left hand forward.  Right knee forward, left knee forward.  But she needed something exciting to go after--wrapping paper was the carrot.

We had a wonderful time before, during, and after the wedding.  Thanks, family.  I love you.

3. Kindnesses
 Sylvina Taylor worked hard to make the Oregon Open House special.
 She took Alicia into her heart and made her feel welcome in the new Taylor family.
 Sherry, from Best Western, brought me my purse
 It's comforting to have long lasting friendships.  We love Joe and Kathy who took good care of us when we stayed with them in Boise.

4. The beauty of God's creations
Finally, God gave us a wonderful world.  Here is little bit of what we saw this past week:
 


And finally--home sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment