Sunday, April 3, 2011

Goodbye March!

I'm not sorry to see March leave.  It's my least favorite month of the year. Some people hate January, but I  love the fresh feeling of a new year "with no mistakes in it, yet" as Anne of Green Gables would say.  I still like the beauty of the snowstorms and the white against the blue sky.



I don't even mind winter extending into February because it's a cheerful month centered around Valentines Day.  Who can dislike a month filled with hearts and chocolates?



March, however, is a tease.  The weather grows warm, and I grow hopeful that spring is around the corner. Then BAM! the temperatures sink back into the thirties. I grow tired of days that include spring, summer,and winter all thrown into a twenty-four hour period.  We often have a rainstorm, a snowstorm and shirtsleeve weather all in one day.  It seems that April Fools Day really belongs in March.



Wait!  Daffodils blooming on the south side of the house.  Maybe March isn't such a horrible month after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment